Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Recovery



December 13th My surgeon called and said that the tissue removed from the second surgery was clear, so I don’t need another surgery.

December 14th I had my follow up appointment with my surgeon from my second surgery. He said that I was looking good and healing well. He said that one of the reasons that my case is so hard to pinpoint is that when they looked at the tumor that was removed from the first surgery, they found not only Melanoma but Spitz Nevus and scar tissue. This makes staging my case difficult because one of the factors used in staging is the size and depth of the tumor. We asked him to refer me to another Oncologist, he gave us a few names, we decided to go with Dr. N who is at IU as well.

December 23rd I meet with a new Oncologist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment