Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Second Surgery

December 1st was the day of the second surgery. I went in with great apprehension due to how sick I was from the first surgery. I spoke with the anesthesiologists about the last surgery and asked them to not use the same medications.

They did everything different; this time using IV anesthesia instead of gas, a nausea patch behind my ear, and a different pain medication. It worked, to my surprise I woke up with no nausea! I even felt good enough to go home that day.

My surgeon had said that he may have to do a skin graph with this surgery, but turns out he didn’t. Once the strips on the site came off after surgery I was surprised how good it looked. He basically just extended the old scar back so I don’t look as much of a patchwork as I thought I would.

Before surgery my surgeon took time to talk with us about my case and about our appointment with the Oncologist. He said that he is very aggressive in his treatments and agreed with us that he does not have the best bed side manner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment