Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Onocologist

November 30th I went to see Dr. L an Oncologist. He was very negative and really seemed to want me to do the Interferon treatment. It has horrible side effects and it only give you a 10% more chance of the cancer not returning. He also said that the cancer could come back somewhere like my lungs and I wouldn’t even know it and then it would be too late. He said that my parents, siblings and children needed to be checked for Melanoma since I have it. At one point when he was talking about the staging of my tumor he said well I do not have all the information, but I am going to go ahead and say that it as this stage. He didn’t have all of my information for whatever reason and so we did not think he should be saying some of the things he did. We did not feel like he was the best Doctor for me, so we have decided to go to another Oncologist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment